Sunday 28 August 2022

S.I.L.E.N.C.E.


 Amazing.

How people respond to silence.

This world talks a lot. So much energy people burn saying things, unhelpful stingy things, to people. 

Used to response too.

They expect in kind.

But will love to see capitulation. Begging. Weeping. Brokenness.

Silence? Unbearable.


Stoicism be a refuge! 

My people get cranky if they can't get a reaction out of you.


Ain't talking, your honor. 

Words hurt so.

I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you to hurt me.

Can we stop making words now?


I bet that tomorrow we can say calmer things.

Wanna try that?


            No?

Okay.

I'll shut up now and bite my tongue while you carry on.


What?

No, I ain't listening. My ears do that thing where everything sounds distant...LOL.

Not really. I took off. You be talking to my shell while I have mental adventures.


Silence be a refuge in a world that won't stop talking.


Credit: unknown source

No comments:

Post a Comment

l love to read from you.