Thursday 26 March 2020

The Church of Christ in 2020 (2)

I plan to do so when I go to Spain. I hope to see you while passing through and to have you assist me on my journey there, after I have enjoyed your company for a while. Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the Lord’s people there. (Romans 15 vs 24-25)

Paul the Apostle was someone who seized every opportunity to preach Christ and to reach out to every believer by available means. If he could go visit, he did. If he could send an emissary, he did and added a letter. If he could not, he sent a letter. Sounds like he was an extrovert to the core; definitely would have been helpful when it meets the enablement of the Holy Spirit.
Reaching out to congregants should be exciting for leaders not burdened with administrative tasks. Outreach should be one of the most important tasks on any pastor's desk. 

OUTREACH SERVICE — iBaptist Tabernacle

Our pastors and church leaders today have the widest range of means of communication since the dawn of the ages. They have the traditional means, and the express means made possible by the internet and telephone technology.

I am not a theologian or church growth professional. I only offer these thoughts as a concerned member of the body eager to see Christians better equipped for the Great Commission while also living to the fullest.

Strengths Analysis – Nestle

These are helpful action points for the period of the COVID-19 shutdown and beyond:
Ask & thank the Lord for growth in-depth and in numbers at all times
- Do webcasts at general meeting times
- Send in study materials & prayers - written, audio, video
- Visit, share the word, counsel, comfort & pray with cells
- Rotate the cells joined for service
- Encourage, plan and help cells execute evangelism within their communities
- Look forward to general meeting times

No comments:

Post a Comment

l love to read from you.